An Introduction to Space Weather and SWPC
Space Weather Impacts: Power
Space Weather Impacts: GPS
Space Weather Impacts: Communications
Space Weather Information
- NOAA’s Space Weather Prediction Center – Education & Outreach Resources
- SWPC Overview
- Space Weather FAQ
- Space Weather Glossary
- NOAA Space Weather Scales
- NOAA Space Weather Education Resources
- Service Assessment: Intense Space Weather Storms October 19 – November 07, 2003
Space Weather and its Impacts Poster
Space Weather: Storms from the Sun Booklet
Space Weather Infographic
Lessons and Activities
A short textbook, designed for Middle School and High School, is available for class room study. Hands-on activities are also included.
- Solar Physics and Terrestrial Effects - A Curriculum Guide for Teachers (Grades 7 -12)
- Sun Origami Model - Use the art of Origami to make your own model of the Sun!
“Space Weather Basics, 2nd Edition” developed by COMET
Presents an overview of space weather processes, their impacts on Earth and human activities, and the technologies used for forecasting space weather events.
Available at: https://www.meted.ucar.edu/training_module.php?id=901
“Space Weather Impacts on Aviation” Training Module developed by COMET
Provides an overview of the information and products available from NOAA's SWPC in support of aviation. Offers practice interpreting and using those products for decision support during space weather events.
Available at: https://www.meted.ucar.edu/training_module.php?id=963#.VBnkZ2MuG5I
Presents space weather issues faced by general aviation to increase situational awareness. AOPA represents nearly 400,000 members who are private aviators.
"The SDO Project Suite Curriculum" created by CIRES Education Outreach
The NASA-funded SDO-EVE project promotes education and public outreach of the Solar Dynamics Observatory’s cutting-edge research and groundbreaking data.